Friday, January 15, 2010

Am I the Walrus?

I know I had mentioned earlier that I am not really the walrus. I revoke that statement- simply take it back. Of course I love the Beatles, but I am the Walrus is not my favorite song. It just happened to be what I was listening to at the time of my blog's birth. But maybe I am the walrus after all.

History tells us (haha I don't know why but I think it's kind of funny how I introduced what I'm about to say in such a formal fashion, but, then again, it is history) that one fine day, Lennon returned to his alma mater. He then met one of his old teachers who told him his class was analyzing the Beatles' lyrics. Lennon was amused and with that, he decided to create an utterly nonsensical song- analyze that bitches! (excuse the profanity.) This, along with a little inspiration from C.S. Lewis, was supposedly how the song I am the Walrus came to be.

Now you're probably wondering after reading that anecdote, "What does this have to do with anything?" It was only tonight that I truly discovered that everyone is the walrus. Not everything has a deeper meaning. Some things in life are purely fun. And sometimes being illogical is more worth while than, well, anything else. Easier said than done. Everyone has the power to be zany, innovative and Lennon-esque. Let's utilize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment